KIM Jong-un’s unofficial ambassador to the West has warned North Korea’s military could totally destroy the world with just three nukes.
Alejandro Cao de Benós, 43, is an honorary special delegate for the DRPK’s Committee for Cultural Relations with Foreign Countries.
The globe-trotting diplomat told Spanish news site Infobae that he sees the despotic communist state as perfect.
Cao de Benós, who spends his time between Pyongyang and his home in Tarrogona said: “The people have a basic, secure life with dignity.
“They live in a very peaceful way, there is no social conflict, we don’t have people sleeping in the street… it’s another way of life, one in which we all work in a huge cooperative movement.”
He then went on to describe exactly why trigger-happy Kim has pushed the world to the brink of global conflict.
“No-one is going to touch Korea,” he said.
“If it is touched the people will defend it with guns and missiles. We have the thermonuclear bomb. With three of those the world is finished.’”
There is no real evidence Kim actually has thermonuclear weapons (hydrogen bombs) despite his claims.
North Korea boasted that its January 2016 test was of a hydrogen bomb, but experts cast doubt on the claim given the size of the explosion registered.
Cao de Benós spoke out as Kim’s foreign ministry threatened Donald Trump and the US with ‘full-out war’.
The statement from North Korea’s Foreign Ministry reads: “The state of affairs on the Korean peninsula and the region are extremely perilous because of madcap American nuclear war manoeuvres aimed at trampling on our sovereignty and right to survival.
“Now that we possess mighty nuclear power to protect ourselves from US nuclear threat, we will respond without the slightest hesitation to full-out war with full-out war and to nuclear war with our style of nuclear strike, and we will emerge victor in the final battle with the United States.”
The threat comes as an expert has told how photographs from a recent North Korean military parade show the regime is closing in on having a nuke capable of hitting the US mainland.
And now the hermit kingdom has set its’ sights on another target – warning Australia it is also in the firing line.
A foreign ministry spokesman for the communist nation warned that if it persists in “blindly and zealously toeing the US line” it will suffer.
The spokesman, quoted by North Korea’s state news agency, lambasted Australia’s foreign minister Julie Bishop after she said North Korea would be subject to further Australian sanctions.
In the worrying statement the official said: “If Australia persists in following the US moves to isolate and stifle the DPRK and remains a shock brigade of the US master, this will be a suicidal act of coming within the range of the nuclear strike of the strategic force of the DPRK.”
He added that Australia had been “spouting a string of rubbish against the DPRK over its entirely just steps for self-defence”.
Ms Bishop had said on Thursday that the sanctions were to send “the clearest possible message to North Korea, that its behaviour will not be tolerated, that a nuclear-armed North Korea is not acceptable to our region”.
Meanwhile, a former Korean-American professor has been arrested in North Korea becoming the third US citizen to be detained in the communist country.
The academic – identified only by his surname Kim – was arrested at Pyongyang International Airport on his way out of the country.